Quick Win #1: Collecting ReachOut Opt-ins for Campaigns
Quick Win #2: Getting Account Level Metrics
Quick Win #3: Identifying Sticky Features and Power Users
Quick Win #4: Analyzing User Behavior Before a Crash
Quick Win #5: Analyzing Geographic Behavior Patterns
Quick Win #6: Using Custom Reporting to Investigate Localization
Question #1: Can I collect opt-ins via a ReachOut campaign or is that hardcoded?
Question #2: Am I allowed to collect the actual company name in Usage Intelligence?
Ask Us Anything #8 Recap - 6 Quick Wins in Usage Intelligence
We reviewed some reporting quick wins you can get from Usage Intelligence.
September 12, 2019 - In the eighth installment of our "Ask us Anything" sessions Keith Fenech and Dan Barrett reviewed some reporting quick wins you can get from Usage Intelligence. Including:
- Collecting Different Opt-in Statuses for ReachOut
- Getting Account Level Metrics
- Identifying Sticky Features and Power Users
- Analyzing User Behavior Prior to a Crash
- Finding Unexpected Behavior Patterns in Geographic Reports
- Using Custom Reporting to Investigate Localization